GraeagleBill is offline Experienced Old Geezer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Popup form hidden

I have a popup form that has command buttons that trigger the opening of other popup forms (3 in this instance). In the case of 3 of the secondary popup forms, one opens perfectly "in front" of the main popup. The case of the other two, they are open but are hidden. If I drag the main popup form a bit, the "hidden" form becomes visible but "behind" the main popup form. Strange behavior to say the least. Any ideas?

Bill

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You could try to use Docmd.MoveSize in the Open event of the popup form to control their size and position when they open:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...docmd.movesize

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Could also try opening all 3, positioning as required, then click on the top form (make it the active object), save, close. Do the same for the last 2. Form position can be saved like that; not sure about z order though. Trouble with that is, anyone could mess that up. I'm also assuming you cannot open 1st, then 3rd, in that or some other variable order.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Before trying your suggestion, I tried using the acDialog option in the DoCmd.Openform and the problems disappeared. Still strange, as I have a few other Apps that have the same or similar arrangements and neither of them need the acDialog to open visible and "in front" of the main form.

I did try using the DoCmd.Movesize, but it made no difference.

BTW, this is a new A2007-A2013 accdb DB where all the forms, queries, module, etc were imported from an A2003 mdb. I wonder if that could account for the strange behavior? (Didn't seem to matter when I deleted ALL the linked tables in the BE and re-linked)

Now that I've resolved the issue having added the acDialog option to the form open command, I'll leave it go at that. I'm in the process of migrating an old app to use Colin's hidden Access window code, so that's where I need to focus my time right now.

Thanks for all you thoughts on the OP.
    Bill

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.