gint32 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

ms access to web page fields

Hi all, I have a created maintenace records database that users can raise a request for any repairs they may need within there respective depts
    this has been up and running great now for well over a decade..... until our managers in there great wisdom created the following issue:

Our internal maintence dept vets all requests and then subs out whatever is too big of a job or for whatever other reason decide they cant fix in house to our one and only external maintence dept, all of this was all easily handled within ms access and then autosent sent via outlook (mail) to the external maintence dept company .

...but now our external compmany wish us to populate there web form for any new requests, which as I said previously all were handled by the ms access DB and MsOutlook. So rather than what is now a doubling up on our work load (re-typing/duplicating on what we already have) I need a way of pulling the new requests from our access (internal) mdb/accdb as they come in on a one at a time basis extract from the mdb/accdb to the external web form that they wish populated.

So my question is : - Can I set up a form to extract the data(maint-requests) from Access (interactivley - record by record) to this web form, instead of what we are doing now is which retyping whats already there into this web form and lets us get on with the work rather than sitting at a desk reinputting requests. if so how to ? using what? and help code-wise?

thanks for reading : sorry if its a bit long winded but I was trying to give as much info as possible up front

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Seems a bit short sighted of your external supplier. Explain the situation and ask them for an api or an alternative method of providing the required information such as an agreed format for an excel or csv file and a specific email address to send it to

gint32 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I wish to add that when I refer to the external maintenance dept, that they are not part of our compnay and bill us for any contracted work, so I doubt they would offer us an API as they deal with hundereds of other similar companies and my guess it they are attempting to collect requests from all these other companies in a uniform way into one database and one way of receiving requests.

Thanks for your reply but our management wouldn't care to even ask them and would tell us to just get on with it ..
    do you know if it can done ie populate a single page web form via access or csv?

You can populate a web page with form values.
    You would need to know the names of the field on the webpage.

Arnelgp over at https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/ is very good at this sort of thing, as well as scraping a webpage to get values into Access. He does not frequent this site I believe, at least I've never noticed a post from him under that username.

If you do not get much more here, head over there and post the same request. However please mention that it is crossposted here as well.
    Also search that site as he has answered such questions like this before.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    google something like 'access vba complete web form' or similar - I found this link. Its using excel but you should be able to adapt it access

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...b-form-filling

A lot will depend on whether you can go straight to the page or need to login and/or navigate to the appropriate page or pages, whether you need to select options from lists, etc. And of course you will need a process in place to check the form submitted successfully and correctly, plus your supplier may change their form design from time to time. This might just be an email confirmation from your supplier which you will need to match to the original request.

but our management wouldn't care to even ask them and would tell us to just get on with it
    I wasn't suggesting you ask management to ask for you, I was suggesting you ask them yourself. It may be they have an upload page where you can upload a .csv or excel file.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.