Glenley is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365

Topaz SigLite Signature Pad

Does anyone have experience with Topaz SigLite Signature Pads in Access. I’m using the ActiveX control. Just wondering what issues other people have run into and what were their solutions

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Do you have a specific issue?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Office 365
    I’m mostly just trying to figure out how to write the code. I found some great information such as the property library and a demo db from Topaz website but it still throws a lot errors and even in the demo db they use a lot of On Error Resume Next commands. I think mostly I just need to spend some more time on it but I thought maybe someone on here might have some wisdom to share

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Which demo are you using? It could be the demo is for 32 bit and you're using 64 bit??
    I've never used signature pad so have no experience.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I use them for an app but it's been about 15 years since I set it all up so I don't recall any specific issues I may have had. I did recently convert to 64bit and had to dig around on their site to find the 64bit driver. If you run into specific issues post them here and we'll try to help.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 10 Office 365
    SigPlus Pro. There are some issues with the 64 vs 32 bit. I contacted Topaz when we originally got the pad and they sent me a “64 bit workaround” to install on Word and Excel but it works perfectly with those programs. I can get it to work on Access but not without occasional errors and I can’t distribute a buggy DB file for use at the office. There are some little weird tics like Access navigation buttons don’t work with stored signatures and likely some other things I haven’t discovered yet

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you pbaldy, I will definitely come here once I figure out what’s causing my specific problems. I just started working on it for Access last night. We’ve been using the pad in Excel for a while with no issues but I’m trying to move all of our business over to Access

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I capture signatures and display on reports of individual transactions, I've never tried to use it on a form with navigation buttons. Presumably in the current event you'd have to set the control's value to the current signature value.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.