Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Not sure. Works for me, but you didn't post the whole thing so maybe there's an issue with the beginning part? I created qryYrly and this works
    Code:
    SELECT *  FROM msysObjects
    WHERE [Type] In (5) AND [Flags] In (0,16) AND [Name] Like '*Yrly*'
    ORDER BY [Type], [Name]
    I get what you're saying about your db. I guess about all you can do is soldier on with what you've got and maybe try to step up your game with the next one. I think that if you were to start over (but keep using what you have) and address one concept or portion at a time and ask for a review before taking the next step, you would be able to slowly convert to something more efficient. If that takes a year, so what, as long as you've got something that's working in the meantime?

Wish everyone was as appreciative as you.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    It sounds like you are getting closer to what you want as far as getting the names of the queries.

So I'll ask one more time, then drop it. Would you post the SQL of a couple of yearly queries of may even post the FE (the dB is split, isn't it?)?

You shouldn't have to make copies of the queries every year. The year should be a parameter - enter the year in a text box on a form - one query that can pick the records for any year.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    you need to use the query exactly as I provided in post #10. Although Colin has provided an alternative to Flags (<>3 as opposed to IN (0,16) which is better. If you want to know whether it is a table, query, whatever then include the type in your select statement or limit to one of the type numbers as you have done

Question though, it's listing 155 queries/Recorrds, but that seems too many queries for this database
    it may be you have hidden some. To see hidden objects go to File>Options>Current Database, then click the Navigation Options button and tick the Show Hidden Objects option

djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
    Can I suggest a further refinement to your SQL to list all the queries but exclude all 'temp' queries used in form combos and listboxes.
    So you want all objects with Type=5 and Flags<>3
    Code:
    SELECT MSysObjects.NameFROM MSysObjects
    WHERE (((MSysObjects.Type)=5) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3));
    You may be able to filter the Name field further to just get those for the current year if that is part of the query name
    I tried using your code but I got a syntax error. I'm sorry but very confused. Was I supposed to add/include your code in with Ajax code or ...?

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Ok, I made an example dB on FILTERING the years instead of having to copy the queries and modify the year. This is based on a previous dB that you posted.

I'll step away now....

Good luck with your project.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried using your code but I got a syntax error.
    you need a space between name and FROM

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Using Flags 0 & 16 will only list SELECT and CROSSTAB queries.
    It won't list other query types such as APPEND, UPDATE, DELETE and MAKE TABLE

Did you try my suggestion in post #13? It will list ALL saved queries. You can then filter that further by name as above
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by djclinton15 View Post
    I tried using your code but I got a syntax error. I'm sorry but very confused. Was I supposed to add/include your code in with Ajax code or ...?
    Apologies. There should have been a space before FROM as @ajax has mentioned - I've now corrected post #13
    Flags values 0 & 16 only covers visible SELECT & CROSSTAB queries.
    Using those will omit all other types such as APPEND, UPDATE, DELETE & MAKE TABLE

BTW Hidden queries add 8 to each Flags value

Here is a hopefully complete list of query types and Flags values:
    In the final column visible = 0, hidden = -1

ID Object Type SubType Flags Hidden
    15 Query 5 Append 72 -1
    16 Query 5 Append 64 0
    17 Query 5 Crosstab 24 -1
    18 Query 5 Crosstab 16 0
    19 Query 5 Data Definition 96 0
    20 Query 5 Data Definition 104 -1
    21 Query 5 Delete 40 -1
    22 Query 5 Delete 32 0
    23 Query 5 Make Table 80 0
    24 Query 5 Make Table 88 -1
    25 Query 5 Pass Through 112 0
    26 Query 5 Pass Through 120 -1
    27 Query 5 Select 8 -1
    28 Query 5 Select 0 0
    29 Query 5 Temp 3 -1
    30 Query 5 Union 128 0
    31 Query 5 Union 136 -1
    32 Query 5 Update 56 -1
    33 Query 5 Update 48 0
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

F
    lags values 0 & 16 only covers visible SELECT & CROSSTAB queries
    Yeah! I realised that when you posted your amendment - The db I used to test the code before posting only had select and crosstabs!

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Would you please post the Code again that shows me the results representing the illustration above? Thanks.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    H Steve! You are certainly one of the members here who greatly helped me in the past amidst others likeMicron, June7, pdbaldy (or something like that), orange, just amongst a few members who stand out to me. Anyway, I didn't mean to ignore your request to post a few of my yearly queries SQL, which I will do now. Please do not stress yourself if what I send you is too complicated or overwhelming. to dissect, it's not a big deal. Truth be told, with all of the time I spent on this post I could have had manually changed all of my 'yearly' queries over to "2022" from "2021." Yes, there must be a way I can change the year field in my yearly queries, but that is ONLY IF my database is properly designed. If it isn't, then asking for help might seem useless. Right?

Here are a few SQL'S I mentioned:

TRANSFORM Sum(Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.SumOfDys) AS SumOfSumOfDys
    SELECT Employees_Active_CountOfYrs_sbqry1af.CountOfYrs AS [#Yrs], Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.EmployeeID, Sum(Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.SumOfDys) AS [Total Of SumOfDys]
    FROM Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry INNER JOIN Employees_Active_CountOfYrs_sbqry1af ON Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.EmployeeID = Employees_Active_CountOfYrs_sbqry1af.EmployeeID
    WHERE (((Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.Terminated)=No) AND ((Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.Yrs)="2021"))
    GROUP BY Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.Terminated, Employees_Active_CountOfYrs_sbqry1af.CountOfYrs, Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.EmployeeID, Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.Yrs
    ORDER BY Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.EmployeeID
    PIVOT Employees_Yrs_SUMS_qry.Mnth;

---------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT Employees_CntOfDys_Yrly_qry.EmployeeID, Employees_CntOfDys_Yrly_qry.CntOfDys
    FROM Employees_CntOfDys_Yrly_qry
    WHERE (((Employees_CntOfDys_Yrly_qry.Yrs)="2021"));

------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Mnth AS Mnths, Employees_Mnths_SUMS_Yrly_sbqryv.CountOfEmployeeID , [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfDys, [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfHrs, [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfErngs AS SumOfErng
    FROM ((Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1 INNER JOIN Mnths_Num_tbl ON Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Mnth = Mnths_Num_tbl.Mnths) INNER JOIN Employees_Mnths_SUMS_Yrly_sbqryv ON Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Mnth = Employees_Mnths_SUMS_Yrly_sbqryv.Mnth) INNER JOIN [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b] ON Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Mnth = [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].Mnth
    GROUP BY Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Mnth, Employees_Mnths_SUMS_Yrly_sbqryv.CountOfEmployeeID , [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfDys, [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfHrs, [Employees_Yrly_SUMS_Yrly_sbqry1 _b].SumOfErngs, Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Yrs, Mnths_Num_tbl.Mnths_NumID
    HAVING (((Employees_Yrs_SUMS_Yrs_sbqry1.Yrs)="2021"))
    ORDER BY Mnths_Num_tbl.Mnths_NumID;

SELECT Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplyPyrllID, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Mnth, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.WkDy, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplDate, Employees_Info_tbl.Co, Employees_Ages_qry.Age AS Age, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Hrs, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.DyEvn, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.DNW
    FROM (Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1 LEFT JOIN Employees_Info_tbl ON Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID = Employees_Info_tbl.EmployeeID) INNER JOIN Employees_Ages_qry ON Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID = Employees_Ages_qry.EmployeeID
    WHERE (((Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplDate) Between Date()-Weekday(Date())-5 And Date()+(1-Weekday(Date()))) AND ((Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Yrs)="2021"))
    ORDER BY Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplDate, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplyPyrllID;

SELECT Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplyPyrllID, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Mnth, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.WkDy, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplDate, Employees_Info_tbl.Co, Employees_Ages_qry.Age AS Age, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Hrs, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.DyEvn, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.DNW
    FROM (Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1 LEFT JOIN Employees_Info_tbl ON Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID = Employees_Info_tbl.EmployeeID) INNER JOIN Employees_Ages_qry ON Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmployeeID = Employees_Ages_qry.EmployeeID
    WHERE (((Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Yrs)="2021"))
    ORDER BY Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplDate, Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.EmplyPyrllID;

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Year value is a string? I'd say that further complicates things a bit. You might try replacing "2021" with something like
    (Employees_Payroll_Yrs_qry1.Yrs)='" & Cstr(Date) & "'") or Cstr(Year) - depending on the requirement.

That assumes you'll always want the current year. If not, a form control can decide what year to use and the query can use that reference instead. I posed this question earlier but if there was an acknowledgement of that, I missed it.

Really though, if you have mobility issues you own it to yourself to fix the crux of the problem - eliminate the need to generate a list and reduce these queries to as few as possible by using parameters. You might be able to reduce even further by adding parameters such as whether or not to count, sum, DCount or whatever.

Given your situation and in the spirit of Christmas, I will volunteer some time to assist at my own pace, and if anyone wants to collaborate with me, we can divide this into chunks after deciding on the best approach. However, this would require you to provide a db copy (doesn't have to be posted here). If necessary, I would sign a NDA if it isn't too onerous.
    Last edited by Micron; 12-12-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by djclinton15 View Post
    Would you please post the Code again that shows me the results representing the illustration above? Thanks.
    If you are referring to the 'code' (table) I showed in post #23, that is from a reference table I created as part of this example app https://www.isladogs.co.uk/view-data...594424205.html
    Last edited by isladogs; 12-12-2021 at 04:22 PM.

I think we could just as easy make the query year a number? in that source query?
    Could we then not replace "2021" for something like a tempvar? in all the qdf.sql ?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Actually, I was referring to Post #23

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.