noelrobb is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Newbee need help!!!!

Hi folks, I have set up a database in work, I need to take information from Table A and put it in Table B, I can bring the info from AtoB via combo boxes and a short queiry, but I want to combine information from A ie: Name, Address and pin Nunber but when I bring them into table B they come out in a straight line but I want the Name on the first line and the Address on the next line and so on, so basicaly I need to know what the command is to put a new line in the queiry as in space() allows a space between the Forename and Surname, but what is the command to put in a return.

Probably a newbee thing

Thanks for any help you can give me

Noel

weekend00 is offline I may not be right
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Why did you make trouble to yourself by concatenating fields together and then seperate them in different line?

Windows XP Access 2002
    I have no idea what you just said????
    The Database has been evolving over 7 years and I have to use what I have there.
    in Table A the Forename, Surname, Address and Pin Number are in seperate fields, I want them to be choosable in Table B from a combo box, and rendered in one field as:

Forname Surname
    Address
    Pin Number

I can get the information in but it all renders on one line, all I need to know is how to get the address and pin on seperate lines.

Cheers, Noel

Windows XP Access 2003
    What is table B for? I am not sure if you mean that you want to put all 3 lines into one field in table B.

In a table, one record is one line. if you want to show them in 3 line in some report, you need to design you report using 3 text boxes.

NEVER store multiple lines in one record, it againsts the basic rule of relative database.

Windows XP Access 2002
    Ok I think I mean Form, the data is in form A and I want to use it in Form B does that make sense????

Windows XP Access 2003
    I see. But couldn't you put them in 3 lines? I think you can move them freely, anywhere.

Windows XP Access 2002
    In form A I store Information pertaining to individuals, there are over 120 fields in this form, I have a new form for changes in circumstances, Form B.
    In form A I have 4 fields Forename Surname Address and Pin Number.
    I want to autofill this in from B in a combo box so that the information reads;
    Forename Surname
    Address
    Pin Number
    This is the code in the Properties box (row source) that will bring the information into Form B

Expr1: [Client Sheet]![Fore Name] & " " & [Client Sheet]!Surename

This will give me the Forename and the Surename together in a combo box so I can choose to whom the information is related to but if I add to this expression the Address , ie Expr1: [Client Sheet]![Fore Name] & " " & [Client Sheet]![Surename] + [Client Sheet]![address] it will continue in a straight line after the name, I want it to put the address in a new line under the name but I don't know what the command is to add it

Any help very appreciated!!

Noel

Windows XP Access 2003
    try to make the combo box higher and narrower, access will wrap the text, but only for the result line, not the list.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.