Whalen16 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Export Pivot table to Excel Error

The problem I'm having is this ...

When we are exporting the pivot table to Excel, it encounters "load errors". I did some research on the error message and it is basically telling me that the number formats used in the pivot table are not supported by Excel. I need to be using number formats that are supported by Excel in my database tables / pivot tables.

Now when my Boss tries it, however, it works fine. The only difference is that he is using Microsoft Office 2010 and the problem is being encountered on Microsoft Office 2003.

I was wondering if maybe Excel 2003 simply is out of date for the formats being used in the Access database / Pivot Tables, or if I need to edit the formats of the data somewhere in the database tables.

But, the number formats don't seem to be irregular. Just your basic decimal numbers and alpha-numeric strings...

Thanks for any help on this.
    Last edited by Whalen16; 09-29-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Title change

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I'm guessing you read this extremely dense article from the ms kb? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210824

Lots of good information there!

What are the field datatypes in the ptable? you might be stuck with trial and error, one field at a time...what format is the database in? mdb?

Windows XP Access 2003
    the data types in the pTable consist of only int for the id's and varchar for the the other fields. I dont see any particularly uncommon data types that excel could be fussy about ...

I tried going in and changing them but for some reason the version of access the company has is too old for the SQL Server and it won't let me make changes to the data :S

This is my 2nd week on co-op here and there could be things im not seeing that are causing the problem.

Windows XP Access 2003

Thumbs up A "half" solution

well, I found a way that does work, which solves the problem as far as I'm concerned. Instead of making the pivot table and exporting it to excel, we are connecting to the DB with excel and making the pivot table in excel.

Still don't know why the export was failing though...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.