johnny_b is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Access 2007 Form query Issue

Hi, I have been playing with Access for some time with earlier versions but at the Moment I am happy with version 2007.

Recently I have been helping a friend to add Form/Queries to sort a data Base which works fine.

When I Create the From and add all the relevant fields and save the Form, when opened it stay the same size and in Design view.

However, If I create a New test Database table with a few lines and the make a query and then make a Form to run the query the size of the Form is not saved and extends to fill all the screen to the right of the Form.

In Design view I drag the side of the form the the relevant size I want ( asiIn my earlier one with a friend Database ), but it does not remember that size when saving.

I have looked at the Properties of the new form and the one I did for a friend which work with his database and can't see why this is.

Hence I need some one who can guide me on this

Many thanks.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    What is your db option for forms - tabbed or overlapping (go to file options, I think current database, to check). If set to tabs, then any new form will fill the screen but your old forms might be set to popup, which will override tabs.

Perhaps more likely there is a macro or code which invokes Maximize when the form is opened? I don't see how adding data would size a form to full screen when it doesn't do that when there is no data - as long as you're not going in to layout view and not form view.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2007

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_b View Post
    Hi, I have been playing with Access for some time with earlier versions but at the Moment I am happy with version 2007.

Recently I have been helping a friend to add Form/Queries to sort a data Base which works fine.

When I Create the From and add all the relevant fields and save the Form, when opened it stay the same size and in Design view.

However, If I create a New test Database table with a few lines and the make a query and then make a Form to run the query the size of the Form is not saved and extends to fill all the screen to the right of the Form.

In Design view I drag the side of the form the the relevant size I want ( asiIn my earlier one with a friend Database ), but it does not remember that size when saving.

I have looked at the Properties of the new form and the one I did for a friend which work with his database and can't see why this is.

Hence I need some one who can guide me on this

Many thanks.
    Wow/// You are my Hero// Just as you said

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hmm, I gave you about 3 options so no idea which one it was that you found to be the cause. No matter I guess. Glad you got it solved.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Hmm, I gave you about 3 options so no idea which one it was that you found to be the cause. No matter I guess. Glad you got it solved.
    Ops, sorry . Was so keen to get on with the task.. The Solution was the " db option for forms - Tabbed or Overlapping " and Tabbed was selected.
    I change Tabbed to "Overlapping Windows" and it solved my issue.. Thanks again. Regards John

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.