jpl85716 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Thumbs down Help with Database from Northwind

I started with the Northwind template and changed things to fit my Company, What I what to do is create a Job order for when employees need item/products on the Job site. I changed Customers to Jobs. My problem is that when I am on on new order the program won't let me "invoice" the job because the item is not allocated, on the purchase order for that item I add it to Inventory. I can't seem to figure out where to by pass this. I am new to access so please bear with me. Thanks in advance for all whom offer there time and knowledge.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Honestly jpl,

If the northwind example is NOT the same as your business industry, you shouldn't be using it. Unless you have years of experience modifying the NW database, it would be very difficult to figure out where the "issue" is. You might want to consider just making your own process for this specific task.

How much of experience do you have with Access?

jpl85716 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    Honestly jpl,

If the northwind example is NOT the same as your business industry, you shouldn't be using it. Unless you have years of experience modifying the NW database, it would be very difficult to figure out where the "issue" is. You might want to consider just making your own process for this specific task.

How much of experience do you have with Access?
    I don't really have much experience at all but I feel I have gotten pretty far with a few tweaks. It fits my industry pretty well. I don't have any error messages with all that I have changed. Which was Customers to Jobs, I deleted fields, Changed the name of fields, What was Invoices, I changed to Tickets and all seems to be working with out error messages. I have been messing with Northwind on my own for around a year now Playing with it, Trying to figure it out. For a while I used to get many many error messages. This is the first time I have used a forum to work on this. I consider myself a quick learner when I have proper guidance. Thanks again

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.