IrishKelevra is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Another n00b, asking for help

Ok, here I am. Another n00b asking random questions about a program I have no idea about at all. Then again, if I knew something about it, I assume I would not be here asking for help. Lol.

Ok here goes. I’m working for a City, and I just recently got this job. My boss wants me to make an access db listing some inventory, mostly our computers so we can go through and find out what needs to be update and blah blah blah.
    What he also wants is a way to do a quick query/filter for specific things to try and look things up faster.

IE:
    What I have now is an access database with all of my items in it, and that’s about where I’m at. I have my columns listed and named, but I can’t seem to figure out the rest of everything.
    The columns I have are as follows:
    ID, Location, Item, Manufacturer, Serial #, Model #, etc (yeah there are several others but most are non important to this)

What I am trying to figure out is how to be able to make a query or filter of some sorts that I, or anyone else can open this up, and type in a certain location, and all the items at that location are listen in a below field.
    Can anyone help an MS Access idiot over here? Anything is much appreciated.
    -Irish

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    To be making or managing any database one needs a textbook - easily available at Amazon or any big book store. Be sure to get the version that you are working with.

Any textbook will have examples of setting up queries as you describe, and sourcing forms on them.

What I am trying to figure out is how to be able to make a query or filter of some sorts that I, or anyone else can open this up, and type in a certain location, and all the items at that location are listen in a below field.
    Can anyone help an MS Access idiot over here? Anything is much appreciated.
    -Irish
    Have a look at this sample DB see if the combo box does what you need.

Richard

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.