Bluelime is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Office 365

Issues Building A Form

I am trying to build a form in access for a database I am trying to build. My issue is I designed the form look in Photoshop and trying to lay it all out over it like a skin of sorts. Well as you can see from the images I am including is that it throws the info off in the form view or the layout view from what I have in the design view. Also in the form and layout views when I scroll my mouse wheel the info scrolls, but the image stays in the same spot. How do I lock all that together so it reads and scrolls together and in the right spots that I laid out the info in the design view you see?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (16).png 
Views:	27 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	43803 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (17).png 
Views:	30 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	43804 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (18).png 
Views:	29 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	43805

Thank you for your help!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    the shift isn't really a fault, it's the fact that focus will shift to a data control and the window will scroll to accommodate that. In design view there will be no shift. If you're trying to keep the image at the top and only scroll the records, put the image in the form header.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 8 Office 365
    That is the thing, I designed it black logo top and white bottom area and blue buttons so I can just impose the record fields and button behaviors in place over the image you see and all of it work together as a uniformed form. That way someone can type into on of the fields and hit search and that will impose the text in the fields in the exact spots you see the designed image. Does that make sense? I always hate the 1980's look of the forms Access creates and want to make it look more aesthetically pleasing to the user.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If a header won't solve your issue then the only other suggestion I have is to make your image a background one if you're saying you want controls to overlay the image. If you're not saying that, then no, it doesn't make sense to me the way you've described it. Perhaps you need to split the image into two parts, logo in the header and buttons in the footer because you might be saying that your buttons and logo are one picture. That will never work I'd say.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 8 Office 365
    Okay here is what I have done and what I am trying to accomplish. The first image in this post is the png file I designed and the second image is one I created in Photoshop for a login form down the road. The third image is the form produced by just letting access create it. It scrolls everything together when I roll the wheel of the mouse in the access created form, but not when I add the image in. The first images I posted is the png file placed as an image and I minimized the header and footer. Then created the form and deleted all but the text boxes and then removed them all from the layout and placed them and sized them to match my image. Then I made those text boxes all transparent so all you see is the text. Once I save it and then go to layout or form view, the text boxes are not where I put them to the png image and when I roll the mouse wheel the only thing that moves is the text. Would it help if I upload the database so you can see what I have done? I tried to upload the database, but it says it is too big of a file, so I am not sure how to do that here on the site.

Name:	Screenshot (19).jpg 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	43808

Name:	Screenshot (20).png 
Views:	26 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	43810

Name:	Screenshot (21).png 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	43809

kd2017 is offline Well, I tried at least.
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Zip your db file to upload it.

Why not style the access label and textbox controls rather than doing it this way?

Have you tried setting the image as a background image of the form instead of using an image control?

Windows 8 Office 365
    I did place it as a background image, at least that is what I think I did. Here is what I clicked on when I uploaded the image...

Name:	Screenshot (28).png 
Views:	28 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	43811

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I think what we are trying to say is to make the picture the background of the form itself:

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	43814
    Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

accesstos is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Seems that the distances of the difference between two views are the distances of the Navigation Pane, Ribbon and Ruler.
    Use your images in the forms as controls, not as background Picture of the form itself.
    Set "Send to Back" the main image and ensure that the Anchoring of all controls is "Top Left". Maybe is better to put all controls in the Header section instead of the Detail.

PS.
    As you are in the beginning, remove the spaces and backslashes from the names of the database objects. Try to create "solid", short and descriptive names without spaces and special characters. Make a search for "naming convention".

PS2.
    Nice graphics, especially for the Log In form!

Windows 8 Office 365
    Okay so here is what I see in office 365. I tried doing what Gicu was referring to and this image I am including is what I see in my properties. Now when it comes to what accesstos mentioned to using the image as controls and anchoring the controls to top left. I did however go in and change the headings to the way you said it. I had read up on that here when I first joined and was planning on it, but was frustrated at this form doing wonky stuff on me so I have been hyper focused on those issues first. But today I decided to do that since he or she mentioned it so at least I have a feeling of some accomplishment in this learning curve I am doing. And yes graphics is more my background since the early 90s as you can see, thanks for the props. I told my wife if I can get the database thing down then I can really add flare to it and for others.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help and holding my hand per se. Please bare with me and I will get this soon once I can wrap my head around what I am missing. Udemy teaches a fair share of things, but some of it leaves you in the dark when you are trying to tie it all together.

Name:	Screenshot (29).png 
Views:	17 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	43842
    Last edited by Bluelime; 01-04-2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the image

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.