dkirtster is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How Do I create Relationship where one vehicle and be requested by more than one customer

Hello,

I have a Customer table.
    I need to create a Vehicles table that has the fields "Make" "Model" Year "Model".
    I need to use these 2 tables to create a form where a customer can enter the Make, Model, Year model of a vehicle they are requesting.
    How do I create a relationship where one vehicle can be requested by multiple customers.

Thanks guys!

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You'd need a table with vehicle data (e.g. tblVehicles). When you get new year/model values you simply add new records. Same for Customers. Then you need what's known as a junction table. This table ought to have a PK field (autonumber will do) such as CustRequestID as well as the PK values from Customer and the PK values from Vehicles. Those values are known as foreign keys (FK's). This is basic normalization, which is probably something that you really should research otherwise you might be in for a rough ride.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

dkirtster is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Thumbs up Great. Good giudance...

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    You'd need a table with vehicle data (e.g. tblVehicles). When you get new year/model values you simply add new records. Same for Customers. Then you need what's known as a junction table. This table ought to have a PK field (autonumber will do) such as CustRequestID as well as the PK values from Customer and the PK values from Vehicles. Those values are known as foreign keys (FK's). This is basic normalization, which is probably something that you really should research otherwise you might be in for a rough ride.
    Great man, that's the solution; Junction Table.

Thanks for the prompt and proper guidance.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You're welcome.Good luck with your db.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.