genny is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Question run exe

Hi,

I created a .exe program in C++. The programs takes data from a file and does some cleanup and output a new file

I want to run the program in access.I used this code

Dim RetVal
    Dim Path As String

Path="C:\Users\Genevieve\Documents\bourse_montreal \interlisted\interlisted.EXE"
    RetVal = Shell(Path, vbNormalNoFocus)
    MsgBox RetValue
    The program seems to run because , DOS prompt command pops-up and there is a value in RetValue

but the programs doesn't seem to execute because it doesn't generate any output.

By itself, the program runs perfectly

Thanks for the help

genny is offline Novice
    I did not get any reply so I wondering if it's because I am not clear or it's because it cannot be done. I'll try to be more precise

I have .exe program that I want to run in VBA in ACCESS. The code below works if my .exe does not need external files to run as input

So my question is it possible to run .exe program that I have need .txt files to run

Dim RetVal
    Dim Path As String
    Dim File As String
    Dim File_1 As String

Path = "C:\Users\Genevieve\Documents\bourse_montreal\inte rlisted\interlisted.EXE"
    File = "C:\Users\Genevieve\Documents\bourse_montreal\inte rlisted\interlisted.txt"
    File_1 = "C:\Users\Genevieve\Documents\bourse_montreal\inte rlisted\optionsbourse.txt"

RetVal = Shell(Path, 1)

weekend00 is offline I may not be right
    Windows XP Access 2003
    put .exe file path and .txt file path together:

RetVal = Shell(Path & " " &file & " " & file_1, 1)

genny is offline Novice
    Hi,

I had tried that and still doesn't work. I tried it also by replacing & by +.
    I get the DOS prompt but it stays there , the program seem to start but doesn't seem to finish.

if I do : MsgBox RetVal. I get a value confirming the program starts but it doesn't finish.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.