accessbunny is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Make a shared Excel functional while linked to a shared Access database?

My job has requested I link an excel table to my database to use as a temp table that will then append to the main table while weeding out duplicates. This would be fine, but every time I link to the shared Excel file it just doesn't work. It glitches, chunks of data go missing, sometimes it just doesn't load in. I tried using a file shared to Teams and one on my OneDrive. It just doesn't function like I need it to. Is there a solution for this? Or maybe something else I can use as a front end that multiple people can work in that would be easy to paste from an Excel into? Pretty much all the data that goes into the database is sent in an Excel, they wanted a linked Excel to paste all of these into to append into the main table without duplicates so they don't have to let anyone mess with the main table and I'm just stuck.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I'm not an excel person (nor Sharepoint), but I don't think you can share an excel file for multi usage. Someone with Excel expertise will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Correction:
    Update: Shared, multiuser excel.
    Access allows multi-user interaction. You may want to consider designing a shared Access database for your work.
    Access can import data from Excel. BUT it depends on your needs and your environment.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.