dimsums is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Table content to query table

Hi all,
    New to Access so please pardon if this is a silly question.

Is there a way of transferring selected rows to another table?

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, use an append query. Without more info, cannot advise further.

An example of an append query, in SQL view, would look like
    Code:
    INSERT INTO OldAppraisals ( AppraisalsID, AppraisalDocsPublished, ListRequested, AppraisalsOrdered, PEreviewStarted, AppraisalsReceived, Appraisal1, Appraisal2, NOVamount, 110_LP, 95_offer, EarliestAcceptance, GBOreview, PriceAdjusted, GBOexpires, Appeal )
    SELECT [5-Appraisals].AppraisalsID, [5-Appraisals].AppraisalDocsPublished, [5-Appraisals].ListRequested, [5-Appraisals].AppraisalsOrdered, [5-Appraisals].PEreviewStarted, [5-Appraisals].AppraisalsReceived, [5-Appraisals].Appraisal1, [5-Appraisals].Appraisal2, [5-Appraisals].NOVamount, [5-Appraisals].[110_LP], [5-Appraisals].[95_offer], [5-Appraisals].EarliestAcceptance, [5-Appraisals].GBOreview, [5-Appraisals].PriceAdjusted, [5-Appraisals].GBOexpires, [5-Appraisals].Appeal
    FROM [5-Appraisals]
    WHERE ((([5-Appraisals].AppraisalsID)=100));
    Obviously, your table and field names are different, but the syntax would be the same.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsums View Post
    Hi all,
    New to Access so please pardon if this is a silly question.

Is there a way of transferring selected rows to another table?
    There's usually a way to do most things but why would you want to duplicate data in another table.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

dimsums is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you for your replies.
    To answer Bob Fitz - I work with people who are not very tech oriented and they only want to visit the table they have been looking at (which is a query table).
    To ssanfu, thank you, i will try this now and allow me to explain the situation,
    There is a form which is usually used to input information into the table query and it contains an automatic ID number (through increment), because of some process changes, the information will be inputted from an excel sheet and will be transferred to a table, so my question is, would it be easier for me to do a direct transfer from an excel sheet to the query table, or from the table in access to the query table. This needs to be a dynamic process so it needs to happen in the next empty row.

Also to note - the query table stores the most recent input on the top of the table. So essentially, taking newly inputted data from table1 to the top of the table query.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Please define what you mean when you say "query table" or "table query".

Tables are the only object in Access that stores data.
    A query can be thought of as a "virtual table". The "virtual table" disappears when the query is closed. A query can be based on 1 or more tables/queries that are related or not.

Your original question was "Is it possible to copy records from one table (I'll call it an input table/temp table) to a permanent table". So the answer is "Yes".
    BTW, the "temp" table means the data is temporary, not the table. The data is deleted between uses.

Also to note - the query table stores the most recent input on the top of the table.
    It is not possible to select a location in a table to store/place records. A table is a "bit bucket" - there is no order to records unless you open a query and specify one or more fields to be sorted by.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.