shod90 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Link database to online dashboard reporting

Dear all,
    Is there a way to link my database to an online reporting dashboard that can be updated lively ?
    just the computer should have internet and automatically updated the link of the reporting dashboard ?

Hi,
    if this is a general question: we use SQL server database with the reporting services. Works like a charm.
    If you want to use a access database you'll need to set up a data connection in your reporting tool to your database, chack if you can set up an ODBC connection. What online reporting tool are you using?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by NoellaG View Post
    Hi,
    if this is a general question: we use SQL server database with the reporting services. Works like a charm.
    If you want to use a access database you'll need to set up a data connection in your reporting tool to your database, chack if you can set up an ODBC connection. What online reporting tool are you using?
    Thanks for your fast response , Actually i can link Access with SQL Server with no issues , But unfortunately i don't know any reporting tool.
    I'll give you a complete image about what i need .. I have a POS application made with access , Some owners need to view reports from their home , That's why i need an online dashboard for every customer with his own data , So the customer view his reports while the POS in the market working normally.

if you allready have a SQL server, you can move your back-end tables to SQL server, keep access as the frontend application and use the SQL (build-in) data tools to create reports on the SQL server and publish them to the net.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by NoellaG View Post
    if you allready have a SQL server, you can move your back-end tables to SQL server, keep access as the frontend application and use the SQL (build-in) data tools to create reports on the SQL server and publish them to the net.
    i already linking the front to sql server but i am new to sql server can you give me more hints about SQL data tools or from where can i start ?

SSRS is a very powerfull repori builder. You can start at this MS page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql...l-server-ver15

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Many thanks , I'll have a look on the link .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.