tsgtnissen is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Exclamation Copy from Table to Table with a filter - SOOO CLOSE TO WORKING!

After two posts and ton of help from this community I have solved 98% of my Database issues.

My current WORKING copy will load all the "Events" from the EventMaster table to the EventsLog table and assign them to the selected user.

Code:
    Private Sub pbbLoadSelectedBlock_Click()

'This code allows me to copy all items from EventsMaster : table to --> EventsLog : table AND assign then to the USERID of selected USERID on the form "UserDetails
    If MsgBox("Do you want to load the selected BLOCK Default Events for this user? ", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
    Me.Refresh
    Else
    MsgBox "Ok, good catch!", acSaveNo
    End If

CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes FROM EventsMaster;"
        MsgBox "New Events have been loaded!!!", vbInformation, "Success"

'This will refresh the form and updates the listbox to display the new Events
    Form.Refresh

End Sub
    The last question I have is.....

1. Is there a way to add a Combobox that will allow me to add events from the "EventMaster" table that's EventPhase is = to the Combobox value?

My goal is to add only certain phases not the whole list every time.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Add

...WHERE EventPhase = " & Me.ComboName

to the end. If the field is text:

...WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.ComboName & "'"
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Code:
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.cbbBlockLoadSelect & "'" FROM EventsMaster;"
    its not working

The combo box values are "indoc, blk1, blk2"

Windows XP Access 2007
    I said to add it to the end, you put it in the middle. The clauses are out of order now. Try

Code:
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes FROM EventsMaster WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.cbbBlockLoadSelect & "'"
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2007
    By the way, most of us would use a string variable for the SQL, making it easier to debug.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

IT WORKS!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Code:
    'This code allows me to copy all items from EventsMaster : table to --> EventsLog : table AND assign then to the USERID of selected USERID on the form "UserDetails
    If MsgBox("Do you want to load the selected BLOCK Default Events for this user? ", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
    Me.Refresh
    Else
    MsgBox "Ok, good catch!", acSaveNo
    End If
    ' this may load 1 event//// CurrentDb.Execute ("INSERT INTO myTable (Major, Time, Ne, Escalation, Description) VALUES('" & myListBox.Column(1) & "', " & myListBox.Column(2) & ", '" & myListBox.Column(3) & "', '" & myListBox.Column(4) & "', '" & myListBox.Column(5) & "')")
    ' This will load only the selected events that match the PHASE/BLOCK that has been selected in the combobox. The WHERE command is the uniqie part.
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes FROM EventsMaster WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.cbbBlockLoadSelect & "'"
    Form.Refresh

Windows XP Access 2007
    Happy to help!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I got it working with ONE combo box, I would like to use two but my WHERE is messed up.
    Can you help?

Code:

Me.Refresh
    Else
    MsgBox "Ok, good catch!", vbOKOnly
    End If
    ' This will load only the selected events that match the PHASE/BLOCK that has been selected in the combobox. The WHERE command is the uniqie part.
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes FROM EventsMaster WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.cbbSingleBlockLoadSelect & "' EventName = '" & Me.cbbSingleEvent & "'"
    Form.Refresh

End Sub

Windows XP Access 2007
    The criteria need to be separated by AND. The end result would look like:

WHERE Field1 = 'abc' AND Field2 = 'xyz'
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

ITS WORKING!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Code:
    Me.Refresh
    Else
    MsgBox "Ok, good catch!", vbOKOnly
    End If
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO EventsLog(UserID,EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes) SELECT " & Me.UserID & ",EventName,EventDiscription,EventStart,EventComplete,EventPhase,EventInstructor,EventInstructorNotes FROM EventsMaster WHERE EventPhase = '" & Me.cbbSingleBlockLoadSelect & "' AND EventName = '" & Me.cbbSingleEvent & "'"
    Form.Refresh

End Sub

Windows XP Access 2007
    Awesome!!!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.