fawadhassan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

How to create a stock ledger query in MS access, showing running balance calculated from different t

For my routine office work, I want to create an MS Access Database through which I can maintain my inventory. My data base is structured as follows (Pic-1)
    I want to charge on my stock either through TblReceiptVoucher or TblTransferIn table and charge off my stock through Tbl_IssueVoucher and TblTransferOut table. What I want now is to create a stock ledger query that can display a running balance ledger taking data from these four tables sorted by individual dates of transaction. something close to this report (Pic-2)

I am from Non-computer/programming background and have very basic knowledge of MS access and databases.Is there a way to accomplish this using the same data structure or I have to change my database structure .
    hope you understand my question/Problem and any sort of help is cordially appreciated

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cats.jpg   HUAWEI Y560-U02134.jpg  

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hmm, 26 views and no answer. Could be because no one has an answer to your specific question, or it could be that no one wants to tell you to do this in Excel.
    I see no way for any query to drive that result because it's basically a spreadsheet, not a database table. So my take is, query Access data from Excel and populate your cells with it. How I have no idea, I'm afraid. It's been too long since I worked with pivot tables (you might need one) and MS Query, which probably isn't called that anymore.

A more typical db design would be a table of transaction counts (possibly with transaction type field). An IN is +1, an OUT is -1. The type can also come from the sign (+ or -) or if both ins and outs can have different types, you'd need the type field as well. The total in stock is the difference between all the + and - amounts. Transactions are then able to be listed individually, even based on type if desired. You might want to research stock schemas or db templates to see what I mean. Perhaps the Northwind db would shed some light on it too, but it's not all that self explanatory.
    Last edited by Micron; 08-28-2020 at 07:06 PM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CarlettoFed is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Of course it can be done but it is necessary to know which are the fields that should be taken into consideration, column by column, to make the report, which you show in the second image.
    There are also some things:
    TransferredFrom and Transfer_Voucher_No in both TblTransferIn and TblTransferOut
    Project in both TblIssueVoucher and TblR eceiptVoucher
    Local1, Local2, Local3 in tbl_Items
    which show little normalization.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.