JandMParker is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Training Tracker

Can someone help me with developing a personnel training tracker in Access? I have many people in my organization (that's one table) and there are many courses they all must take (that's a second table). How do I get the two tables to interact where I can see who has completed which training courses, when they completed, and when it's due again?

Thanks!

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    There are 4 or 5 schemas here if you do a Find for "training" and you will likely find more plus templates if you do a search elsewhere. I suspect you need to research this and normalization - unless someone hands you a full blown app or you buy one. I say that because if it was familiar, you might have indicated that you knew you need at least 3 tables: trainees/personnel + courses + traineeCourses. That's because the first 2 are for the entities of people and subject/courses but the 3rd is for the mixing. That table is known as a junction table, which handles many to many relationships. You have that situation because one person can take many courses, but many/all courses can also be taken by many people. That would give you the possible/desired/allowed mixes. Then you also need one or more tables to track attendance - and maybe resources such as training rooms, instructors, multimedia devices, etc. This is by no means a simple project for most cases.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    3rd table. ,training:

PersonID
    ProgramID
    EventDate
    notes

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.