eddie84 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport vs. TransferSpreadsheet

I'm trying to export a sorted Query into Access via the BE. The query represents data required for a drop-down in Excel. Essentially, the goal is, if records are changed (added or deleted) on the Access side, I want these changes to be exported (pushed) to Excel. So first step is to create a function that will do the export..the next step for me would be to create a refresh button..where a click of refresh would lead to the drop-downs being updated on the Excel side. (so i guess re-query would work here?)

I know there is a newer way to importexport (which appears to be RunSavedImportExport) and the older way (TransferSpreadsheet). I'm just not sure if they are really mutually exclusive in a lot of cases? This is where I would need your expertise.

Regards

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    really depends on what you are trying to do, you can use either method. RunSavedImportExport requires you to create your export profile by going through an initial export which you can then save and can call on again. Transferspreadsheet does not. I don't use these methods but pretty sure neither allow you to specify an excel range.

Suggest try both methods and see if they will do what you want

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    crossposted here with answers https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...dsheet.313251/

I'll leave it to the other forum, don't want to waste my time making the same suggestions

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.