willkett is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

How to recover lost MDB files passwords?

Hello guys, due to my carelessness I lost my passwords of MDB files. I used to write all my passwords on a diary. But last week I lost it somewhere and hence I lost all my passwords. I have several MDB files of MS Access but now without passwords they are useless as I can’t open them. Can anyone help me to recover my lost passwords back?
    I’ll be really grateful.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Google: Access 2003 password recovery

Another member recommended http://www.nirsoft.net/password_recovery_tools.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

c_farm is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

You can use password recovery tool for MDB files.
    Hope it will help you.

Hey Jun7, I use MS Office 7. And what was that http://www.nirsoft.net/password_recovery_tools.html ? I haven't found any program that can give my passwords back. Please help me if you can. Otherwise **** **.

@ c_farm.
    Yes, I wanna use it. Is there any MDB files password recovery software?

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    With Office/Access 2007, Microsoft switched to an actual, secure, password storage method. In previous versions, the hash was actually "digested" down to one of only about 200(ish) possible results, making it VERY easy to brute-force a password. But with 2007, Microsoft added support for their Cryptographic API allowing Access to use "real" encryption methods like RSA and 3DES.

As long as you're using an MDB database format, you're using the older method. This means that any password recovery program that works with Access 2000/XP/2003 should work for you. Like the one from Nirsoft (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/accesspv.html).

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    I have not much knowledge about password recovery software but found good user reviews of Stellar Phoenix Access Password Recovery Software!!

c_farm is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Well yes there is. And not a single one, several. You can buy an affordable one. I have never used it but read about it. It's MS Access password recovery of SysInfoTools. Go and read about it.

Hey c_farm, I used MS Access password recovery of SysInfoTools. But it showed only two characters of my passwords, rest are unreadable. Now what is this? What I shall I do with these two characters. I want my full password. What shall I do for it?

I didn't check Stellar Phoenix Access Password Recovery Software. It is pretty expensive. I can't afford it.

June7 is offline VIP
    I have never set up passwords on my projects. Does it prevent importing everything to new db file?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    Quote Originally Posted by willkett View Post
    I didn't check Stellar Phoenix Access Password Recovery Software. It is pretty expensive. I can't afford it.
    Yes, there is $10 difference between Stellar & Systools software But I found good reviews of Stellar Phoenix Access Password Recovery Software that's why I suggested this software!!

c_farm is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Quote Originally Posted by willkett View Post
    Hey c_farm, I used MS Access password recovery of SysInfoTools. But it showed only two characters of my passwords, rest is unreadable. Now what is this? What I shall I do with these two characters. I want my full password. What shall I do for it?
    I think you used demo version, right? Didn't you read there that you need the full version to get full password. Go for its full version if you think it's worthy.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by c_farm View Post
    I think you used demo version, right? Didn't you read there that you need the full version to get full password. Go for its full version if you think it's worthy.
    Good luck.
    Well yes I know. I got its full version and it's great. Thanks a lot guys for your help.
    Now no more comments please. I wanna ask moderator to make this thread solved.
    Thank you all.

June7 is offline VIP
    You can mark your own threads as solved. See dropdown 'Thread Tools' above the first post.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.