Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jbeets is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I did double check to ensure there are records that meet the criteria. I can't figure out how to make it step into. Every time I try it just dings at me but I did put a message box for MyFilter and everything it returns to me is correct.

Auditor Is Null AND [AuditName] = 'Q2' AND [UserName] = 'Doe, Jane'. It seems to be recognizing the selections..... I'm just missing something I guess. I really don't want to rebuild the whole database but I am not sure what else to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I would have to review real database.

Are you sure there are Pending records meeting search criteria?

Have you step debugged?
    I did double check to ensure there are records that meet the criteria selected.

I tried to "Step Into" but it is not letting me. I am not sure how else t debug.

I also tried checking the results of the filter by adding in a msgbox(MyFilter) and it returns the correct results based on the cbobox choices....

So, since I can't actually share my real database with you I am not sure where to go from here. The test database is working so I guess I will just have to try and rebuild in that one....

Thank you again for taking so much of your time to try and help me. You made my code so much better and helped me find a lot of issues that I didn't even realize were there. My database is better for it!

ok - one more thing.... I started transfering the queries,reports and the table from the original db and now the filters that were working in the test database are no longer working... The table was linked to the back end database of the main database. I unlinked it to see if that would help but it did not.

I checked to make sure that the forms record set was still set to the correct table as discussed before and non of the code changed. I deleted the old table with the example data and added in the original table and added the queries and reports.

I think this project is going to put me in the looney bin!

FIXED! The issue was the data itself.
    What looks like "blanks," the computer sees as "empty strings." Empty strings are not the same as Nulls. I ran an update query
    UPDATE TableName SET Auditor=Null WHERE Auditor="" and it fixed the issue.
    I hope this can help save frustration in someone else that experiences the same issue!

Thanks again for all of your help and patience with me!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I NEVER allow empty string in fields.

Glad you got it working.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.