Camaro10 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Can't open some Access 2007 forms after switching to Win7

I use an Access 2007 database for inventory maintenance at my job. The database is housed on our office network and I open it using AccessRuntime 2007 (Access is not installed on my computer). My previous computer used Windows XP and I had no problems accessing or opening the various forms included on the Switchboard. Now, since switching to a new computer running Windows 7, I cannot open all of the forms . . . of course, the 2 that I need the most, I cannot open. The switchboard comes up fine and when I click on one of my reports, the screen will go to a blank Access screen (almost like it's thinking) and won't continue. I don't get any errors, just no progress.

I've tried installing a trial version of Access 2007 on my computer . . . same result. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling AccessRuntime . . . same result.

I did not create the file nor do I know much about Access but would forward any information you may have to the person who did set up the file.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to remedy this problem?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Camaro,

I would suspect that if your September 1st post on the microsoft website: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...f-cf86ab090ae6

didn't yield any answers, you might want to consider other options. You can be assured that some pretty good eyes at least viewed the post. Windows 7 hasn't been out for very long and I'm sure Microsoft won't put forth any effort to fix bugs until they have sold enough systems to keep the stock afloat for awhile. That's how it goes in the corporate world...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.