hlsess is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2000

help me

I do a monthly report-have been for 9 years. Now I have been asked to add another county - I know how to add the county - I have 2 counties already- and they are both included in report but I need to add this county and only make a report with this county only -any ideas how to do this I know it sounds confusing-

jya is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Just so I understand...

You currently generate a report for two counties. You are now adding a third county.

Do you want two reports, one for the two counties and one for the other county?
    Is the report's record source coming from a query?

hlsess is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2000
    I now do a report with 2 counties but I know that I can add a 3rd county but want to generate a totally separarte report from the other 2 counties- 1 report- 2 counties 1s eparate report- 3rd county- in my design review there is no way to pick which counties for the reports- I don't know if it's possible or not

Windows XP Access 2007
    It sounds like this should be possible.

Assuming that you want similar details, I would make a copy of your current report so that you then have two reports.

You will need two different queries, one for each report. The Record Source of the report will come from that query. If the Record Source is already from a query, you will just need to modify the query. If it's a table, I would create a query based off of the table.

In the one query, you will want to exclude the one county. In the other, you will want to select only the one county. In the Criteria row under the county column, you will enter:

<> yourcountyname

for the query where you don't want that county and just

yourcountyname

where you only want the one county listed. Obviously, substitute the actual name of the county for yourcountyname.

Hope this helps.

hlsess is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2000
    thanks but I don't quite understand- I have a table for the 2 counties and there's a place to add the 3rd county
    When i want to get the report together, under query i should be able to either pick the county i'd like to do the report on- where would I do that?
    right now the only place where the counties are located are in a table

Windows XP Access 2007
    Do you have just one table?

What does your table structure look like?

Offhand, I would add the third county to your table and use queries to get the information you need. You can specify which information you want using the queries.

If yo need help creating a query, let me know.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.