bhavik1978 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

FIFO For Shares Stock - Access 2010

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please note that I am an accountant and have no background of programming but can create simple tables in ms access. I do NOT have any knowledge of queries / reports etc.

I maintain an excel file to record transactions of trading in shares on a daily basis and as per accounting standards I am required to maintain the same using FIFO method. Now, it is very cumbersome to input data manually in excel and furthermore to make sure that the first stock entry goes out first and so on. Hence I was looking for a step by step solution to the problem in ms access. I am attaching a sample excel worksheet (In JPEG Format, Attachment Restrictions) for better understanding on how I would like to have the report.

I know it is too much to ask for but any assistance / help would be appreciated.

Please note that I have already seen a couple of videos on FIFO in excel and access but none proved to be specifically useful to my requirement.

Thanks again.
    Regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sample.jpg  

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't understand your calculation or how it can be reliable with just a date. For example

Infosys - closing shares 5 on the 13th - but according to your sales transaction you purchased 20 on the 13th. So assuming the additional 15 came from your purchase on the 18th - and your purchase time was before the sale time also on the 18th, your profit should be 100, not 175

How to manage FIFO is a common question - see the similar threads section at the bottom of this thread. Often to do with physical stock rather than shares, but the principle is exactly the same.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.