Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The db at that link does not appear to have the report you're talking about. The only report doesn't have a blue section, unless I'm blind.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    I'm attaching the current db that we are using. I've created four Runs and generated a DSR for Oct 6th. The PDF of that DSR is also in the attached zip file. You can enter more test data if needed via the Run Sheet button and then you can create a new DSR by it's button. You will need to change the output directly of the Create PDF button on the DSR form in order to output it to check any changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows XP Access 2007
    Have you tried it in the report header (not currently displayed, can be added by right clicking on a section bar)?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Have you tried it in the report header (not currently displayed, can be added by right clicking on a section bar)?
    I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll give it another go at work tomorrow.

Apparently I did not try that yesterday. It does in fact work the way I need it to. Thanks Paul.

Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Okay, next set of questions using that same database that I upload a few posts back.

I want to limit the rptSofwarVersions_OCL-1 to only show the latest install date for each of the subcomponents. As it is now, it returns all records.

You can view the behavior by clicking the Test Events Switchboard button Software Versions (second to last button in the System Reports section), then on the Current SW Versions button.

The following objects (is that the correct term?) are used:

tblComponents_OCL-1
    tblVersionNumbers_OCL-1

qryVersionNumbers_OCL-1 (I'm not sure I actually used this after I made it, I'm still very foggy on queries)

frmVersionNumbers_OCL-1

rptSoftwareVersions_OCL-1

Windows XP Access 2007
    There are no records in the table, thus no behavior to see.

Why are there multiple version number tables with the same structure? Typically there would be a single table with a field for whatever "OCL-1" represents.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Please have a look at the updated file, I created a totals query to get you the latest install date by subcomponent then used that in the report's record source query.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

There are no records in the table, thus no behavior to see.

Why are there multiple version number tables with the same structure? Typically there would be a single table with a field for whatever "OCL-1" represents.
    Oh, I guess I forgot to go back and add some dummy data to that table. Sorry about that! As to the multiple tables, I guess I could have made just one table and put a field for the Lab in it. I figured keep each lab in a different table would make it more flexible down the road if the labs end up with different things in them. Is that not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Please have a look at the updated file, I created a totals query to get you the latest install date by subcomponent then used that in the report's record source query.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Thanks Vlad, that appears to be working like I need it to. How did you get the Total option on the query? When I use the Design Query to build one, that is not there. It only has Field, Table, Sort, Show, Criteria, and or.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoimos View Post
    Oh, I guess I forgot to go back and add some dummy data to that table. Sorry about that! As to the multiple tables, I guess I could have made just one table and put a field for the Lab in it. I figured keep each lab in a different table would make it more flexible down the road if the labs end up with different things in them. Is that not the case?
    It's more flexible in one table as a rule, especially if the fields are mostly the same. What happens when you get a new lab? New table, form, query, report? I'd have one of each and use a criteria to limit data to the desired lab. If you have 10 labs, you have 10 of each as you have it.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    On the Design Ribbon click on the Sigma (Σ) symbol.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

It's more flexible in one table as a rule, especially if the fields are mostly the same. What happens when you get a new lab? New table, form, query, report? I'd have one of each and use a criteria to limit data to the desired lab. If you have 10 labs, you have 10 of each as you have it.
    We are not funded for more than three labs, so I don't foresee that being an issue. But your point is not lost on me. Going this route I'd need to add a Lab field to the tblVersionNumbers table, add a combobox on the frmVersionNumbers form that pulls from the Lab table and updates the tblVersionNumber table with that info. After that I'd have to rebuild my report so that they can filter it by the Lab, or would it be better to do another form for that and then filter it like Vlad is suggesting in my thread on Lab Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    On the Design Ribbon click on the Sigma (Σ) symbol.

Cheers,
    Thanks Vlad!

Okay, so I consolidated all the software and component tables and added the Lab field to them. I need to be able to tell it which Lab I want the report to display for. I also probably need to add the ability to sort by Subcomponent as well. So far I've not figured out how to do those.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.