Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    For the Search DSR form: you have no Eent field in DSRtbl, the date field name is DSRExecutionDate, have a look at the updated file attached.

If you can have multiple events in a day then you need to add the EventID or Event (name) field to the DSRtbl. It is the only way to keep them separate in the report (especially since you want the event name as part of the PDF file name). Once you add the field to the table then you can update the Search DSR form to add the second parameter (Event) and the DSR_frm and report.

EDIT: added the field and updated the forms and report, please have a look and let me know if they work as intended.

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    For the Search DSR form: you have no Eent field in DSRtbl, the date field name is DSRExecutionDate, have a look at the updated file attached.

If you can have multiple events in a day then you need to add the EventID or Event (name) field to the DSRtbl. It is the only way to keep them separate in the report (especially since you want the event name as part of the PDF file name). Once you add the field to the table then you can update the Search DSR form to add the second parameter (Event) and the DSR_frm and report.

EDIT: added the field and updated the forms and report, please have a look and let me know if they work as intended.

Cheers,

It works in your database, but when I add the Event field to my DSRtbl and then import your Search DSR form and DSR_rpt, it prompts me to manually enter the time after selecting it in the drop down.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Then something is different, what time does it prompt you to enter? Are any of the fields set Required in the actual DRTtbl table?

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

I'm not sure what could be different since I simply imported your Search DSR form and DSR report and added the missing Event field to the DSR table.

If I enter the date of a DSR that I have created, it loads that DSR. Both DSRExecutionDate and Event are set as required in DSRtbl and both are set as Primary Keys. The DSRtbl has no relationships with any other tables if that helps.

I also noticed another issue this morning with the DSR_frm and DSR_rpt. The report is not updating the name of the Event based on what was selected in the dropdown on the form, it is constantly showing the event GTI-20 Sprint 2. Also, the same thing is happening with the PDF file name. I'm assuming the latter is caused by the former.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Have a look at this, the issue had to do with the fact that the date combo is bound to the date, not a "navigation" one. So I added a column to show if the event was already created. You might want to rethink how you use the form, as if you open it in DataEntry mode from Create DSR you should only create a new DSR record, not try to browse existing records. The Search DSR would allow you to go to the desired record.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Thanks, I did not realize I had not locked the Create DSR form from searching for older DSRs. I definitely want it to only allow users to create a new DSR and for the Search DSRs to only allow them to view past DSRs.

On the v3 you just posted, the Create DSR function is not working like I need it to. If you create a DSR for the Sprint 2 event and one for the GTI-07 event, both on the same day, it combines them on Form (the event name stays the same as the first one you did and it adds the Runs from the second event behind the first event's Runs) and errors out when it goes to create the PDF and save it.

We've got three upcoming events scheduled for the same days, so being able to have a DSR for each of these from the same day is a must.

I do like the Yes/No you added to the drop down list. It provides a quick visual inspection to see if a DSR was created for that Event/Day.

Gicu is online now VIP
    My point was that you can't create two DSR records in the same "session", I think that is why you get the combine. You need to create one, close the form and reopen it to create the second (because the form is opened in Data Entry mode).

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

I get there error even after closing out the form and opening it again. In fact, I get the error if I close Access completely and open it back up to enter the second DSR.

Any other thoughts on combined DSR report issue?

Gicu is online now VIP
    Sorry, but you did not show/gave the exact error you are getting and did not explain the sequence to replicate it. Do you close the form after you add each DSR record?
    Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Hi Vlad,

I just created a new DSR for the GTI-20 event for January 30, 2020. This worked as expected. I then completely closed out of Access and reopened the database. I then proceeded to create a DSR for the CDI-0036 event for January 30, 2020. This pulls up a clean DSR form, but the Run Result subform section of it has the comments from the GTI-20 DSR that I created.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Would you please upload your sample so I could have a look?

Here you go. As soon as you select an Event/Date from the combobox on the DSR form, it pulls in both RunResultData entries for that day.

EED DSR.zip

Gicu is online now VIP
    Have a look now, I have added a second pair of linking fields to the form/subform on DSR_frm and updated the report's recordsource to also include the event join. In the Search DSR form there was the wrong name for the date, fixed that too.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.