You can re-activate here..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contact.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	41196

leerph is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    I just sent the webmaster an email and asked if it was some kind of restriction on new accounts or something.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Resistance to using the db might be laziness. It could also be frustration, or maybe both. F'rinstance, I found that an incomplete work order can be lost at least 1 or 2 ways. One with no warning, the other with a warning but it didn't matter anyway. So if you're contemplating a lot of changes and want buy-in consider asking the users what they do and don't like about the current version. Perhaps if they had input into that you'd get more compliance without seeming dictatorial. I'd still employ measures that are meant to prevent non-compliance though. As for the document, if this were my db I would make it into a report because
    a) I can prevent printing the doc without a completed work order
    b) the print out would contain at least some work order data, making it unusable for other jobs
    but you need to do other things to keep people out of places they can get into with your current design.

As for the friend request, it does not allow me to send a pm. It says either you have chosen to not accept them or you're not permitted. I thought the post requirement was 10 so you'd have to contact a moderator if you can't find info on that in the forum rules somewhere.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

leerph is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Thanks for all the input from all of you guys. Yes I have tried talking to the employees. It's mostly 1 guy in particular. He is a great employee and a great guy but he legit has some ADD type issues where he cannot stay on track and focus. The other techs help to keep him on track and on task. When it gets busy he will grab one of the preprinted forms and toss it at the customer and say sign this and then go on to the next thing. So basically this is why I'm trying to come up with something iron clad. If can get rid of the word doc on the computer we print out for form 2, this will force him to have to sit down in front of that db and type up a minimum required set of data to get anything to print out and be able to check a customer in. So that's the ultimate goal. Currently the db we use does have a minimum set of data that has to be put in before it will allow it to be printed out. If I can add those 2 new items and make them required to get it to be printed out I think I will be all set, if I can also have it just print out that second doc along with the work order. This will also cut down on the paper work we have to keep on file b/c we can use double sided printing on our printer and have only 1 sheet to keep up with instead of 2 sheets.

leerph is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    I'm still not able to get PMs. I need to get this squared away and I don't mind paying one of you guys to help me out with it if that's possible. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide .

Windows 10 Access 2016
    You can create one though? Try that and include an email address since the forum doesn't seem to be cooperating.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Check your Settings. Can find the link at the top of the page. Under My Settings --> General Settings there should be a
    Login and Privacy that includes Private Messaging with some selectable options.
    I'm not aware of any other constraints, but others more familiar with the user profiles and settings may be able to assist.

You can see related info here

leerph is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	13 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	41210this is what mine looks like. obviously still some kind of restriction.

leerph is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    feel free to contact me at flcpc at comcast dot net. hopefully typing it this way will keep the spam bots away but worst case that is an email addy i dont use that often.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    leerph,
    Yes, I notice when I click your user name that the Private Messaging is not present.
    I have sent a note to an Admin advising of this issue. Let's see what evolves.
    Good luck.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    feel free to contact me at flcpc at comcast dot net.
    in case that didn't work for me I'll let you know that I tried it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.