LouPa is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Home Ribbon grayed out with PopUp Form

Hello, all. I tried searching your forum for this issue, and I've googled, but nothing.

I'm using Access 2016. I want my form to be a popup form, so I set the Pop Up property to "Yes." This works find, voila, I have a pop-up form. But now, the Find section in Home ribbon is grayed out. "Find" can no longer be used on the fields - and I want the user to be able to use Find to search their fields.

I'm back to creating Access databases after a long hiatus from it - I last did it in Access 2007, which if I'm remembering right, had no such issue.

The closest I got to finding an answer (when googling this) was learning that the graying out of the View section is deliberate, but what I'm seeing is almost the whole Home ribbon grayed out, in Form View for a Pop Up form. That leaves only the Form search bar at the bottom of the form, which searches the whole form, not just one field.

Is there anyway around this? I can go ahead with this, with the Form Pop Up property set to "No." My users are not very technical and my only reason for choosing Pop Up was to make it look a certain way to them. So it's not crucial, just frustrating.

Any thoughts? Any way to do keep the Home ribbon functions with a Pop Up form?

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry to tell you but your memory is wrong, The same behaviour occurs in all Access versions since 2007 with popup forms - see screenshot. Before that of course there was no ribbon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	40435

If you want a popup form just so it doesn't fill the screen, I suggest you change the display from tabbed documents to overlapping windows in Access options
    The form will then be whatever size & position you want & no longer needs to be a popup
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

LouPa is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks so much - this was very helpful. I'm guessing I'm remembering an older version of Access.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Possibly but remember the versions before A2007 didn’t have any ribbons
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.