yes sir is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Combo Box that combines First and Last names?

I'm sure this has been brought up before. The idea of having a combo box, which combines a first and last name field. However, I am running into trouble with this idea when implementing the combo box onto my form.

When I selected a record from the combo box, it does nothing to the remaining fields on the form. I would assume it would update the other fields based on the record that was selected. However, it does not.

Until further more is requested, below is just a snapshot of my form. The "File As:" is the combo box which combines the first and last name fields. When a name is selected the other fields are not updated. The "Agent:" is another combo box, but instead it lists the first and last name fields in separate columns. When one of these names is selected the other fields update. So I want what the "Agent:" combo box does upon selecting a name, but I want the names to be listed as they are on the "File As:" combo box. The First Name and Last Name text boxes will be removed if this is possible.
    Last edited by yes sir; 09-06-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: IMAGE removed

yes sir is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Issue resolved. Not quite sure what I was doing wrong, but I took a look at the query (record source) for the combo box that was showing last name, first name, and company and placed my expression for combining first and last names on there. Then I hide the columns that I didn't need, moved my new expression to the first column and viola. I edited the amount of columns showing and the column widths as well.

This is awesome.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.