rooterhtg is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Access form shows blank when tab is loaded - connected to sql server using passthrough query

I have successfully changed a MS access form's query to use a passthrough query connected to sql server via ODBC. The form loads, but when I click to another tab and then return to the original tab, the form is blank.

Any thoughts about why this might be happening? It did not have this behavior when it was querying directly against the linked odbc table (not a passthrough query).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    What is a "tab"? Tab control? Tab on a navigation form? Tab view of a single form? Oddly enough I was just "complaining" elsewhere about M$'s wanton use of "tab".
    If it's a tab on a navigation form, what happens if you open the form directly, close and reopen? Data is there? When you select another tab, the current form/report is closed and another one opens. If you go back to the prior tab, the object has to reload. Unless you are running code the 1st time you 'open' the form but not subsequently I can't think of why a nav form would do this. This would include not running the pt query when you go back to the form.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.