aimee7 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Automatic emailing if data on form is out of spec?

I want to preface this with saying I am very new to access but have been teaching myself over the past two months or so for a work project. So my issue/question is this;

I have a form with many fields that the user will input data into. I have conditional formatting on each field that highlights the box red if data is entered that is out of tolerance of what it should be. What I want is if data is entered that is out of tolerance, and the form submitted- an email is sent to someone.
    I have managed to send an email using the After Insert macro Send Email. This method will be very time consuming, however if I can get it to work the way i want that's fine. Is there a way to include in the body of the sent email that says what the field's value is? And also include some data from other fields to specify what part is out of spec?

If I can, I'd like to just send a pdf or even just HTML of the form that is submitted if something is out of spec. is this something that can be done? I tried to put an EmailDatabaseObject macro on my "submit and create new form' button but i couldn't get it to work with a pdf output.

If I could get some help with this I would appreciate it so much!!

Thanks!

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    For a PDF you could create a report based on a query that used the ID from the form in the criteria (so it only shows that record). Then send that report with the macro (most of us use VBA rather than macros, but the macro should work fine).
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.