Delat09 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Database running in Compatibility Mode

Back in 2003, I began creating a database. It has grown over the years and I have migrated through a number of versions of Access. I am interested in using this database on Sharepoint so I can share with coworkers. Historically we have shared the data via a network server.

Under Move Data, Share Point [grayed out], there is a comment that the database is opened in compatibility mode. I follow the link and I am told I need to convert the database to the new Access Database.

If I try to save as, ... no newer versions of Access appear. Access 2002-2003, Access 2000 and Template are the options.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jim

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Sounds like this database was created in 97, is that true? If so then you would need to convert to Access 3002-2003 first, clean up the errors and maybe adjust so of the coding and then move up to ACCDB format. If it is 2003 having already been converted up then it might have some old remnants left of 97 that is preventing it from upgrading. Try importing all objects into a clean 2003 database first and then try to upgrade. The reason I say a 2003 container first is to make sure it's *clean* and has no remnants from 97.

Now that we got past that, why Sharepoint? Not sure I understand why you would want to to do that instead of the Network share.

Delat09 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GinaWhipp View Post
    Sounds like this database was created in 97, is that true? If so then you would need to convert to Access 3002-2003 first, clean up the errors and maybe adjust so of the coding and then move up to ACCDB format. If it is 2003 having already been converted up then it might have some old remnants left of 97 that is preventing it from upgrading. Try importing all objects into a clean 2003 database first and then try to upgrade. The reason I say a 2003 container first is to make sure it's *clean* and has no remnants from 97.

Now that we got past that, why Sharepoint? Not sure I understand why you would want to to do that instead of the Network share.

Thanks Gina. I started creating the database in 2003. Would Access 1997 be the most obvious possibility? It is an immense database now. It has properties, contacts, invoices, contracts, purchase orders, insurance policies, applications, amortization schedules, budgets, board of director info, rental information, employee data, salary data all linked together with relational fields. I used to share the data with 1-2 folks on a network. We are mostly working remotely now so I am looking for ways to review and update data from outside the office.

So your suggesting I could potentially save this data in 2003 format? Or open this in a version of 2003 Access? I may have a disk around somewhere.

Jim

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.