chriswrcg is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Getting a Enter Parameter Value error message

When I used the data base yesterday everything was working normally. today I come in to open the database and start getting this error message.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture22.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	39196
    I have been through all my queries and expressions but I can not find what the problem is. Every time I try and open anything this message comes up making it impossible to work with the database. I do have an earlier version saved that works fine but if i go to that one I will loose 7 days worth of current data unless I can copy it over some how. What can I do?

I tried uploading the database but the file is to large even zipped.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Most of the time, when I see something like that it is because a field in your query was renamed or deleted, so it can no longer find it (and hence it thinks it may be a parameter).
    So I think it is telling you that it can no longer find the field name "Lookup_Combo25.eExceptionCode" that your query is attempting to use.
    You need to correct that issue (by deleting the reference in your query, or changing it to the new name).
    Note that it may not necessarily be in this query, but it could be found in an underlying Table or Query that the Query is using.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    It cannot find either the right or left parts (or both) of that reference. You probably just haven't found it yet. If it happens no matter what you attempt to open, then the reference is contained in something that is common to all of those operations. The eExceptionCode part should be a clue. Make sure you look at all properties of every control on as many forms/reports as might be involved. It could be hidden in a query, embedded macro, macro, control default value, control source, conditional formatting expression (I think) etc, etc.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

chriswrcg is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I will keep the version that is messed up and keep working to find the issue but right now it seems the easiest way to move forward, and not take all day looking for the error, would be to use an older version that I had backed up and go from there. The issue with that is I have 5 days of data or so that I would have to re-enter into the working version. How can I easily and quickly copy the data from the messed up version to the good one?

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Data tables and queries are totally separate.
    You could go back to the old version, delete the data from those tables, then import the data from the new database tables to those old database tables.
    Then you would have your "old" working version back with all your current data.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    if you want help to try to find it, I doubt that any data is required so consider deleting data from a db copy until it will zip small enough to be posted. You did compact/repair the copy first, yes? If you have embedded objects in a table, dump that table if it won't cause additional errors.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.