KAffleck is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Form freezing after opening another form

I have a form (A) that brings up a selection of data that when I click on one selection opens another form (B) with more specific details. That seems to be working fine and doing what I want it to do but once form A is open Form B stays on top and I can't move it or use the close button (which works if form A sn't open. I don't want the form to close automatically as I want the user to be able to open multiple form A's. I've set the database to overlapping but that's not helped the problem.

How do I set things so I can have multiple forms of A open and Form B and it all to be movable?

Thanks.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    if you have set your forms as popup and modal then you cannot access any other forms until the modal form is closed.

with regards having multiple 'formAs' open, each one can be opened multiple times as a multiple instances. The code is not difficult, but there can be issues depending on how the forms interrelate to each other - see this link https://ewbi.blogs.com/develops/2003...le_instan.html

KAffleck is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi, Thanks. I don't have the forms set to modal only pop up. The problem is when Form A is open I can't move it or close it and it sits in front of form B making that unusable too.

I've just made form B pop up too and that seems to have solved this problem, though I'm sure there will be more.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.