honey2wood is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Like a Hyperlink

Hi Everybody.

I have created a form which collects user data in a number of fields. Part of these records is a field for an individual pdf file relevent to each record. These files are saved independently of the database but named with the record number (1234.pdf)
    I have used hyperlink to open these files. (Right click the cell select hyperlink follow the path to where the file is stored etc.) Which is fine but the path to it takes ages to go through each time.
    I have tried an 'OnClick' command and use FollowHyperlink "T:\etc...." but that just gets me to the folder where the file is saved.
    What I need to do is either save a file to that folder or be able to open the file with the record number
    I am sure I can configure it so that if I click the cell it opens the PDF or if the file does not exist it gives me the option to save one.
    As I have said I have tried the
    FollowHyperlink "T:\etc....\1234.pdf" but that brings up the same file all the time and if there is no file it gives an error.
    I hope you can understand the issue. I'm not that good at explaining things but it makes sense to me . I understand VB but not good at working through a problem.

Cheers
    Graham

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Graham,

You need to dynamically build your full path in the onclick event: "T:\....." & me.recordnumber & ".pdf"

Cheers,
    Vlad

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.