apmitch is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Stepping through a Form.

Dear All, I am putting together a Genealogy Database, and enjoying myself! I have an issue with a Form showing education data that is causing me to pull my hair out. In my Education table, it shows each persons education achievements. For example, Joe Smith may have 3 certificates. I have an associated query with my table which then gives the full name to the person's ID.

I then developed a Subform which shows each person's achievements, all works ok and gives me the required information. BUT the issue I have is that when I go to my form If the individual has 3 certificates I need to click 3 times to get onto the next individual, or if an individual has 6 certificates, I need to click 6 times to move forward to a new person.

On my form with its associated subform, I wish to hit enter once to view the individual's records, no matter how many. Difficult to explain but would appreciate some advice on how to correct this issue. I think I am missing something in my query but cannot see what!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    sound like you have a single form view on top for person (which is correct) but also a single form view on the bottom. If so, change subform view to datasheet. The result should be that person details on top as before with a list of achievements in the bottom. Move main form record to next person and datasheet details should change. You might want to hide navigation controls from subform.

If I have that all wrong then more details are needed as I had to guess what is where or the design characteristics.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

apmitch is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hello, I appreciate your help, but sorry that does not work, I have looked at my table and queries but still struggling. Not helpful, sorry.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If Education table is in main form RecordSource, remove it.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I read this I have an issue with a Form and I then developed a Subform as if there is a subform on a main form, which I asked about but you didn't confirm. Reading it other ways, maybe not. These sound like two different issues/fixes I need to click 6 times to move forward to a new person and I wish to hit enter once.
    If you're getting the records you need there can't be much wrong with your tables or queries as far as this issue is concerned. If latest suggestion doesn't help, either post your db or some form pics, but images usually just raise more questions.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    apmitch,

I suggest you post a jpg/png of your tables and relationships --make sure tables are extended to show all fields.
    If you want, you could post a copy of your database with enough records to show the issue. May be the most efficient way to some resolution.
    Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.