Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007

You do know that using Reserved Names such as Date for a field name can cause strange results and generally discouraged, right? http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html#D

Guinea is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Ok well I can change that to Meeting Date or something. That isn't an issue, or should I do that now? Either way, I still need to find a requery code that runs onCurrent or onLoad for that particular form.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    The control that is bound to the "Date" field is also named "Date". Coupled with the function Date(), Access does not have a clue what you want when you try and reference that control on that form.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I found this post and I think it may be related but I have no idea how it would be customized for my particular situation. Maybe this is a step in the right direction though:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2969749.php

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Ok well I changed the ID of the Date column in the General and Officer meetings table to something more unique. And updated the control sources in the query, as well as the General/Officer Meeting Details screens. So that should alleviate some of the confusion in the functions.

But still, any idea of how I can get a form to requery a specific query on opening of the form...and then update the contents of the form to the results of that query? Once I get that code, I can start cleaning up the extraneous and unnecessary stuff on the database and consolidating it all.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Maybe this will get you a little further along.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Wow, no idea how you did that but that seems to work perfectly. I will be able to test it more tomorrow when I get the official roster to input all the correct data. But it seems to work perfectly right now. Amazing. I really appreciate your help. I will leave this thread open until I test it officially with all the data tomorrow....but I promise I will mark it solved once I do that. Thanks again man.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Look at the AfterUpdate event of the Date control on the form and then read my Post #8 again.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Ahh ok so you took it to VB level. I am actually just starting my VB class, so it will be a bit before I can utilize that sort of option.

I did run into a smaller problem. It is hard to explain, but since you have the DB, maybe you can check the errors out on your end. Basically when viewing the General Meeting Details for a specific date....I hit Print and it asks me for a title and then gives me a macro error. I couldn't figure out why. The print feature comes from a report called Event Details. I will change it so there is two (General Meeting Details and Officer Meeting Details) reports. But I need to fix the first one and then I will copy it and adjust it for the officer ones. Any idea of why the print issue is not working out?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I don't get the error. It prints just fine. Are you using what I uploaded or yours?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    What you uploaded. Let me do it again and I will detail the errors. I click General Meeting List and click the first ID (1). The popup comes up and looks great. I click Print. It says "Enter Parameter Value" and asks for Title. I press Ok. And it...prints? Weird. Now it is printing fine. I am guessing by the printed page that the title parameter is so I can title the meeting if I choose to. Weird, not sure why it was giving me an error before...

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I think you need to close out this thread and mark it Solved. 49 posts to the thread is enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.