eww is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Error in Footer Sum on Report

I've got a report that totals some weights of one column in the footer. I have put some, for lack of better name, open filters on the report to allow the user to specify what they want to filter out (button for "Filter By Job #" allows the user to enter a specific Job # to be filtered).

The sum function works fine you open the report, but when the report is filtered it gives me "#Error". Is there a way I can fix this to sum the weights with a filter on? Thanks.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    To me - it is not clear whether your issue is the method, or the actual data. Is it possible in your filtered test that by chance & murphy's law that the actual data that results has a legitimate sum error of some kind....perhaps nulls or divide by zero or something?

#error can mean a couple of things, including not able to find the field it is suppose to looking for.....

eww is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Interesting point. I'm going to do some further investigating, I've had some learning experiences already where I had something formatted as an integer when it was going to be divided, but that shouldn't be the problem because 1) I've formatted these numbers accordingly so that they can be manipulated and 2) I'm adding whole numbers here so there won't be any decimals.

Like I said I'm going to continue to mess with this and if anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime they are greatly appreciated.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.