veejay is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Update textbox according to checkboxes

This question might go beyond the scope of this forum but if anyone is willing to help me it would be great.

I'm creating a form for quality review of employees work.

My form is divided in sections (Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3) which contains a bunch of questions with regards to the work that is being reviewed.

Each questions has a possibility of up to 6 answers (n/a, applicable, correct, incorrect, review necessary and feedback to employee).
    I'd like to have a textbox at the end of each section that would display whether or not a problem was raised. If all the questions are N/A for example, that checkbox should indicate "All is good". If ONE or more questions are marked as "incorrect", "review necessary" or "feedback" I would like the text to the said textbox to be updated to [Name of the question] : [Value] where, the name of the question would be the question and the value would reflect the checkbox (incorrect for instance).

The form with the questions is ready and works well. I'm just looking for a way to update the textbox (or anything else really) with the proper text, depending on the answers provided.

Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    First, can only 1 of the checkboxes be true or can any combination of the 6 fields be true?

If the former, then should be 1 field with 6 choice options. Then there is no need for a calculated field to display descriptive text.

If the latter, then probably need a VBA custom function because expression to calculate will be rather long.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

veejay is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    You can only have one option be true for a given question. It cannot be incorrect and N/a at the same time for example.
    The descriptive text is slightly different from the question:If the question is : Did the employee offered a complimentary product? the text would be something like : Complimentary product offer: Incorrect.

This will allow 2 things: the reviewers will see as they go the information they have entered, and we will be able to run comprehensive reports.

I'm trying to identify trends / patterns in employees work and by doing this exercise we can give proper feedback. Right now the database is already set up with the same exact questions which only ends up being used to "calculate" the number of errors for each employees. But it doesn't really give us the idea of what is going wrong.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Then you should use the single field option.

Then a CROSSTAB query and/or graph might be useful for the trends analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.