Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    msmithtlh is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

new copy of my database

I've been working on this too long!! Put the datamacro on the wrong table. Fixed that. There's still something not working when you try to go from the Participant Entry form to the Sports Form. I appreciate your help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

kd2017 is offline Well, I tried at least.
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Oh boy! You've been busy!

You have a severe case of spreadsheetitis. BUT since you are on a quick deadline I'm guessing you don't have time to redesign?

Anyway, there are typos in your table macro. In the value of both set field actions change the ! to a . like so

Code:
    [MainParticipants]![participantID]
    is supposed to look like:
    Code:
    [MainParticipants].[ParticipantID]
    then it works as requested.

msmithtlh is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Still stumped

I fixed the macros, but there are still 2 problems.

(1)When you have the "Enter Participants" form open, and click on the "Transportation" button, it takes you to the "Transportation" form, with data for the same person displayed. This is how it should work for going from "Enter Participants" to "Sports," but you get a dialog box asking for the participantid. I have gone over all the pages on the Sports form, all the subforms, and can't see what the problem is.
    (2) Despite the data macros, when you click on "Add a person" on the "Enter Participants" form and go to either "Sports" or "Transportation," you don't have a record number or name in the header of those forms. Do I need something other than the "add" based on the command button wizard, for the data macros to kick in?

Thank you so much. I feel like we are getting close to getting this working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    QryMainSports criteria references [MainParticipants]![ParticipantID], should be [Forms]![Participant Entry Form]![ParticipantID]

Also change the code in Sports button macro to: "[SParticipantID]=" & [ParticipantID]

Sports form events have =[ParticipantID]=Forms![Participant Entry Form]!ParticipantID. Should be =[SParticipantID]=Forms![Participant Entry Form]!ParticipantID. Actually, I've never seen event properties used this way.

Record is committed to table when: 1) close table/query/form; or 2) move to another record; or 3) run code to save. Need to commit new person record before opening forms to reference the new record ID.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.