WhiteBearMike is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Receive Data from external IP on Network over Port

I am trying to read data put out by a scale using VBA. The scale has an IP address and there is a dedicated port (10001) where the data is streaming. I just want to capture the stream so I can extrapolate the weight from the scale. I have researched quite a bit and have a VBA program to ping the IP address which shows that there is a connection. Now I need to go one step further and actually read the data. Anybody have ideas? If so, I would be extremely grateful.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Scale is an input device, like mouse, and can have driver software. We looked into this and tested scale connected directly to PC and it worked - put focus on control and value is fed to textbox (can't remember if pressed keyboard Enter key or button on scale). Unfortunately, manufacturer wanted to charge exorbitant fees for software for some of the devices. And didn't have the budget for new computers (tablet style) nor to wire drops. Tested wireless network and it was too slow. Has been several years.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.