Rick West is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Relationship Window

In my db design I have a table (T_Main) with three of it's fields linked to three other tables so the user can only pick data which is in the three linked tables. When viewing T_Main each of the three columns have a drop-down allowing you to choose from the sub tables - all this works fine.

However, in the relationship window these four tables DO NOT show a relationship with each other.

So I created the relationship manually setting referential integrity (it shows a one-to-many connection - good), save it, close the window, reopen the relationship window and the relationship connection is gone.

What am I missing?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Tables can be cross referenced at the query level, without being cross referenced at the table relationship level. And everything will work ok.

The advantage of linking at the table relationship level is that it serves as a fundamental reminder - because it will always auto link whenever you put two or more tables on a query design. Although you can right click on that relationship line and undo it in query design without affecting the fundamental table relationship.

Not sure why the behavior of yours is not keeping the relationship line. It should be prompting you to save when you set it up and then close.

Yet without answering that question; assuming that you set up relationships in queries (and creating subforms/reports) then this probably will not affect your work.

Rick West is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    That seems odd but it makes sense for how my db is acting, thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.