Davehil is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Do MS updates affect my database forms and queries?

I have a 2013 Access DB I have been using for years, Standard issue nothing fancy and I have some subform based on a query. I t worked for year then all the sudden stopped working. The queries will not accept a new record. The strange part is I have 3 other users all with a slightly modified for their own use version of the form and there systems also stopped working, soemthing had to happen higher than the local user station. Can windows updates caue this?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    it may have gotten corrupted.
    can you open the front end and design forms?
    can you open the back end and view tables?

always keep a backup app to update others in case of corruption.

Davehil is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I can open front and back end in Design mode. The puzzling part is the same issue happened with the the other 3 system users and they each use a similar form but modified for their own use and each has a different DB name and each on different machines. It seem like something happened at a level higher that the local user level form.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    very unlikely windows updates would cause this issue otherwise there would be thousands of other users with the same problem.

has your backend reached it's 2Gb limit? Have you tried compact and repairing the back end?

do you get any error messages?

The queries will not accept a new record
    this does not make sense, do you mean tables? If so, can you insert a record manually?

Your first post says each user has a slightly modified form, your second post says they have a different db name. Please clarify - are you referring to the front end only or are you saying they each have their own version of the backend as well?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    What about system wide updates to hardware/Windows 32 bit to 64 bit, or directory structure, or where the db's might have been moved to? This could be a Trusted Locations issue? The fact that there are 3 db's involved makes me think that this isn't a corruption issue. A manual attempt at inserting or modifying a record would be a good place to start as noted. Possibly code or macros that are supposed to be executing the queries won't run because the db's are no longer in a trusted location. Also look all over the Access window, including the status bar, for messages that could provide clues.
    Last edited by Micron; 08-29-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.