AccessDenial is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Distributing Access Forms to global users for validations or amendments

Intent: I would like to distribute forms to User X, User Y and User Z. These forms would be pre-populated with existing data on their ongoing projects. Every month, say for User X, he will only be able to see his own details and validate the information based on what he provided last month. If there are no changes, that's it. If there are changes, he makes it in the form and the information gets updated in the tables. When all users complete their validation, I will churn a report which consolidates all the information across all users.
    I tried finding the best way to go about executing this and landed on MS Access (if there's something else, please do share. I'm not the most tech-savvy person).
    So I have a database, created my forms but how do I go about sharing only the forms to my users and updating my database. Resources I have include:
    1. SharePoint Online (may or may not have access to it...)
    2. Outlook
    3. Desktop Access

I am open to various scenarios involving direct updating through SharePoint, or even manually updating the forms received through them via email if it is possible.
    My most important consideration is data security. User X should not be able to see the details of other users. User-level security from older versions of Access could probably do that but its no longer in the newer version and a check online suggests it isn't the most secure option. More specifically, I think row-level security is something I am looking for but it is not available in Access?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    These forms would be pre-populated with existing data

That is not how MS Access forms work. Forms do not "contain" data - they only work with (add/edit/delete) data contained in a table or query the form has as its record source. So, in the context you are describing, you cannot "send a form with data" to someone.

You have a number of options here. If all your users have access to the database on a network, you could design a multi-user database with a user login form, which could identify and validate the user, and use filters and VBA code to ensure each user sees only their own data. However, since you have security as an issue, it does take some work to keep knowledgeable users from seeing data they aren't supposed to see.

For your purposes here, it would be a lot easier to export each user's data to a spreadsheet (with only their data), send them the file, have them make any required corrections to it and send it back to you. You could then import the updated data back into your database. You would probably need to write a VBA routine to validate each record (users can get pretty "creative" somtimes) before updating your database.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.