cardinalsfan65 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Link to Outlook / email processing

I am attempting to log emails to a particular email address in a Issue Tracking system. When I receive the email I record it in the database and then reply to the originator with an acknowledgement and also distribute the ticket to our help desk personnel.

The problem I'm having is that I lose any embedded images in the email or attachments, otherwise it works.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to include those embedded images and/or attachments?

I'm accomplishing what I have so far by linking to the Outlook Inbox of the email address receiving the original message and just looping in my code until a message shows up.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand what images you are losing and where. Are you saving the received email into db?

What does 'distribue the ticket' mean - forwarding email?

Provide code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cardinalsfan65 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    In the linked Inbox table the field Contents doesn't include any embedded images included in the email. If someone takes a screen shot then it doesn't end up in the field. Attachments are lost in much the same way. I don't see any way to see them through the linkage from Access to Outlook.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know how to how to have images retained. Email attachments would have to downloaded. I have seen code to accomplish that.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.