veshand is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Wink how to open a form using docmd.openform with 2 criteria

Hello everyone!!
    I am trying to open a second form ("frmManager") using docmd.OpenForm order in the first form ("frmLogin"), which has got two different criteria:

1-on one hand, i want it to open the form into specific username data ([EntryEmploee]) which is provided by user. this field is specified by a combo box and returns name of usernames in text. users can be either managers or employees! which means two levels of security.

2-on the other hand, i want it to open only those records which are stated as yes, in a yes/no field ([Bossapprove]). this field is reserved for the manager. whenever this field is filled as yes, i dont want the employees to be able to see the records to edit or delete! it means that once the managers click on this field, the employees wont have access to that specific record!

its wise to mention that the second form directly edits one main table and two levels of sub datasheets (tblEmployee->tblDay->tblTimesheet)

whenever i use the following command, access asks me to specify the value for "Bossapprove".

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmReg", , , "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'and [Bossapprove]=true"

i know i can use a query instead, but i believe im this -><- close to do it just using a single VBA code!

help me out guys!!

for further information, i insert the whole form VBAcodes too!
    Option Compare Database

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim User As String

Dim UserLevel As Integer
    Dim TempPass As String
    Dim ID As Integer
    Dim UserName As String
    Dim TempID As String

If IsNull(Me.EntryEmploee) Then
    MsgBox "please select a user", vbInformation, "Username required"
    Me.EntryEmploee.SetFocus
    ElseIf IsNull(Me.EntryPass) Then
    MsgBox "Please enter Password", vbInformation, "Password required"
    Me.EntryPass.SetFocus
    Else
    Me.EntryEmploee.SetFocus
    If (IsNull(DLookup("EmployeeName", "tblEmployee", "EmployeeName = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "' And UserPassword = '" & Me.EntryPass.Value & "'"))) Then
    MsgBox "Invalid Username or Password!"
    Else
    TempID = Me.EntryEmploee.Text
    UserName = DLookup("[EmployeeName]", "tblEmployee", "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'")
    UserLevel = DLookup("[UserType]", "tblEmployee", "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'")
    TempPass = DLookup("[UserPassword]", "tblEmployee", "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'")
    UserLogin = DLookup("[EmployeeName]", "tblEmployee", "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'")

If (TempPass = "password") Then
    MsgBox "Please change Password", vbInformation, "New password required"
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmUserinfo", , , "[UserLogin] = " & UserLogin
    Else
    'open different form according to user level
    If UserLevel = 1 Then ' for admin
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAdmin"
    ElseIf UserLevel = 2 Then
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmManager", , , "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'"
    Else
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmReg", , , "[EmployeeName] = '" & Me.EntryEmploee.Text & "'and [Bossapprove]=true"
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmLogin"
    End If
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmLogin"
    End If
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.EntryEmploee.SetFocus
    End Sub

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you can only refer to the .text property whist that particular control has the focus - since your code is on command1, it does not have to focus. There is no need to reference the .value property because that is the default. So I'm surprised the code runs at all.

you are also missing a space between ' and and

I presume [Bossapprove] exists in the recordsource to your form and is spelt correctly - you seem to have other spelling differences e.g. EntryEmploee

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Cross posted and answered at https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=300100

Welcome to this forum as well.
    However, please follow standard forum guidelines about cross posting. See this link for an explanation https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.