AKQTS is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Pop-up Combo Box Record Selection

I have received much help for this project and I would like to begin by saying thanks!

Now what I am stuck on:
    I have a subform which contains a button that once clicked opens a pop-up.

This pop-up contains a combination box of all the records the subform can be keyed from, I.E. Subform = #1 or #2 or #3....

I have the subforms record Source being a query.

When this subform (query) opens I want the record to be automatically selected as 1. ... Pretty easy have the Criteria in the record source query be =1.

Now when the button on the subform is clicked and the pop-up opens with the combo box, if a different record on the combo box is selected I want the subform to change to this record. (Right now I have this set-up as a query which afterupdate() of the combo box it queries and gives me the new information that I want to get updated to the combo box.

Basically I want my query that happens afterupdate of the combo box to be the new records displayed in my subform.

With my record source query how can I accomplich this? do I have to source straight from the table? If so i want it to still default at record #1.

Thanks!

AKQTS is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Is steered away from a pop-up and now have the record select for the Batch in the subform.
    Below is an image of the current form (the thin grey line represents the subform).

Thanks for helping out this novice, i have learned alot in the last few months.

I am still stuck on a few features for the subform combo box....

1)When I open the form it runs a query on open where the user enters an order number as the parameter to access that main form record. on the subform I want the batch number to default to 1 (many batches per order) and right now it shows up as #Name? when first opened. A type mismatch error comes up for the ON ENTER expression, which is[Dashboard_sub].[Form]![Combo55]=1

What am I doing were and how can I get this to default to the 1st record, I.E. the first record (batch in the subform) shows up in the combo box when opened.

2) I have tried many refresh commands at different points and nothin seems to work. When I select a different order while the form is still open, the combo box list remains populated with the batch numbers from the last order and does not refresh to the current order. The command for selecting a different order is located on the main form and is simply a requery of the query ran when opening the form originally. Also i want this batch number value to default to 1 when a new order number is entered. Right now when I switch the order changes from A to B, but the batch number in the subform combo remains the same as well as the list item in the combo from the previous order.

Working out the last few details. Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.