cballew is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Creating a to-do list help!

So I have a database and one of the functions is it allows supervisors to enter in 1 on 1 meetings that need to be held monthly with each employee. What I'm trying to do is display on their main nav form a subform table that displays emplyoees who have yet to have a 1 on 1 in the current month. I am struggling with the query though and I'm not sure as to why. Basically I want to select all users who belong to a certain unit on my tblemployees and then look at my tbl1on1s to see if they have a 1on1 completed in the current month (there is a date field for each 1on1 record on tbl1on1s). So basically anywhere where there is an user on tblemployees assigned to a specific unit (provider relations for example), that is not also on the tbl1on1s as having a current month 1on1 meeting record, should display. Any ideas or do you need any more info I can provide. Thanks!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Create a query of those who have had a meeting in the current month, then use the unmatched query wizard to compare that to the table of employees (or a query of only active employees).
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

You have a table tblEmployees
    tblEmployees: EmplID, ForeName, LastName, CurrUnit, ...
    You need a table tblMeetings
    tblMeetings: MeetingID, MeetingMonth, EmplID, CurrUnit, MeetingDate, ... (where MeetingMonth is e.g. in format yyyymm)
    When user opens the application, an Open event inserts into tblMeetings a row for every active employee in current month (MeetingMonth, EmplID, CurrUnit are filled), except employees which did have the entry for current month before.
    You have a unbound main form where you select MeetingMonth number and employees current unit in unbound combo boxes. On main form is a continuous subform based on tblMeetings, which is bound to unbound combos on main form (adding or deletion records is not allowed, editing is allowed). Also you can have a combo box where you can select the filter condition for subform: are displayed all records, only records with MeetingDate empty, or only records with MeetingDate not empty (MeetingDate is filled when meeting is held).

cballew is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    perfect thanks! I need to use the wizard more I was doing one thing off on my query so it kept returning blank. Wizard showed me clearly what I did wrong. Thanks again!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem, if it was my solution.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.