flsticks is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Project Assignment Database

I am stuck. I am creating a database that has Agents, Supervisors and Quality Assessors. The Agents remain the same throughout the process, but on any week, the Sup and QA can change. Each week the Agents are assigned an assignment type and number of assignment types. Not only do I have to change these monthly, but have to report on accomplishments. I find I am doing an extreme amount of counting and laborious changes with such a large population of Agents. What I want to know if there is a simple way to gather and count for reporting the data. Right now, I get each CSR, count the type of assignment by week by assignment type then compile each week into a month.
    MY TABLES: SUP AGENT QA and an ASSIGNMENT table which holds the monthly assignments.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    The answer is definitely yes. The implementation depends on how the data is organized. If one is doing database development you really do need to have an Access textbook in the version you have - available at Amazon or any big box book store.

In your case the key issue appears to be the 'aggregate query'. Look for the epsilon E icon in query design view, and research this topic in your text book.

One can also do math in a report - the report wizard will offer this as you set it up.

Ahhh thanks I should have thought of that....I will give that a try. I am doing math in the report as well...thus my over thinking

I do have aggregate queries, but the issue is each row of data contains the count and type of assignments. I am using one query for each week for each assignment type (3 of them)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.