Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Combo Box

If there is one field that is a COMBO BOX and the second field is dependent on the selection made in the first field, we manage that. We don’t manage on a subform. As you know on the main form, i.e. sales invoice there may be one record connected to multiple records in the subform. On the images attached it can be seen that “Ledger Acc Name” control what you may find in “Sub Ldg Acc Name”. Our current setup result when we select one of 19 Ledger Accounts, i.e. Vehicles it brings up a list of vehicles in “Sub Ldg Acc Name” as it should. In the second line if we select “Furniture” it correctly brings up a list of furniture but as you can see in the second image then the choice disappears. I understand why but don’t know what to do to fix it.

I have tried all kinds of things in the row source for “Sub Ldg Acc Name” but fall short on the way to do it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JNL1.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	34233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JNL2.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	34234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RowSource.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	34235

Kudos is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013 32bit
    Dependent combo boxes like this won't work on continuous forms. The combo box is doing its best to filter the dropdown menu appropriately, but the active filter applies to that control on all visible rows, not just the selected one. You could set up your subform as read only, and then make a popup (single record) form available to add new records or edit existing ones, or if you are comfortable with VBA you could try out the solution found here:

https://www.datawright.com.au/access...uous_forms.htm

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.